Ohio's New Adoption Records Law and Adoption Network Cleveland expanding support group to Miami Valley/Dayton area

We have 9 months before adopted adults born between 1-1-64 and 9-17-96 can begin to order their adoption files from the state of Ohio.  Even though I am not an Ohio adoptee, Ohio has been my home for four and a half decades and I am ecstatic that my adopted friends will be able to access their adoption files next year.   This is a right that has been a long-time coming.

You can begin to order your adoption files by mail only on March 20, 2015.  Do not mail your requests before this date as they will not be considered prior to opening day.

I want to personally thank my Representative Jim Butler, Chair, House Judiciary Committee for supporting Senate Bill 23 and for speaking with me and two other adult adoptees about our concerns and opinions at the beginning of this journey. He was supportive and informative and has renewed my faith in our legislative process.


I am also excited to announce a new Adoption-Related Support Meeting being held in my hometown, Dayton, Ohio.  Becky Drinnen and myself are co-facilitators of this General Support and Discussion Meeting which had it's kick-off last Thursday.  Future meetings will be held on the third Thursday of the month.

Upcoming dates:  

July 17, 2014
August 21, 2014


Go here to find out more about the purpose of the general support and discussion meetings and what other support services Adoption Network Cleveland membership can provide.

Hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narcissism and Adoption -- Very Likely Bedfellows

What To Do When Your Birth Mother Refuses Contact or Vital Information

Common Traits of Adoptees